SP-ID200QC Ready-to-Use, Mixed Bed, Color-Changing Deionization Resin Filter Cartridge
Green media becomes purple when exhausted, letting you know when it is time for a cartridge change-out.
Do not drink water that has been treated with a deionization (DI) resin cartridge.
|Size||2.5" x 12" (6.7 cm x 28.3 cm)|
|Inlet/Outlet Port||1/4" Quick-Connect|
|Temperature Rating||40-100°F (4-38°C)|
|Maximum Pressure||125 psi (8.6 bar)|
|Media||Color-Changing, Mixed Bed Deionization Resin|
Deionization Media Specifications
|Polymer Structure||Gel Polystyrene crosslinked with DVB|
|Physical Form||Spherical beads with 95% min. sphericity|
|Ionic Conversion||99% H+, 90% OH-|
|Cation/Anion Volume Ratio||2:3 (40% and 60%)|
|Conductivity||˂ 0.1 μs (microsiemens)|
|Resistivity||10-18 MΩ/cm (megaohms)|
|Particle Size Range||+1.2 mm ˂ 5%, -0.3% mm ˂ 1%|
|Water Retention||45-50% (H+), 53-60% (OH-)|
|Total Exchange Capacity for Cation||2.0 eq/l min.|
|Total Exchange Capacity for Anion||1.3 eq/l min.|
Tools Needed for Installation
|Utility knife or scissors|
- Select a location for the inline filter that allows for adequate access for easier future filter replacements.
- Turn off the water supply to the tubing where the inline filter will be installed.
- Remove the existing filter or cut the cold water tubing where the filter will be installed.
- Note: Cut tubing square and cleanly. An uneven or rough cut may damage the internal o-ring and cause leaks.
- Remove the blue clips on both ends of the inline filter.
- Confirm that the water flow matches the flow direction arrow on the cartridge.
- Insert the water supply end of the tubing into the quick connect fitting on the end of the filter.
- Once the tubing has bottomed in the fitting and cannot be pushed in any further, gently pull back to ensure the tubing is secure.
- Slowly turn on the water supply and flush the filter with water into a bucket. Run the water for 5 minutes.
- Reinstall the blue clips in the groove on the quick connect fittings on each end of the filter cartridge.
- Connect the other appliance end of the tubing to the outlet of the filter. Secure the filter to the back of the appliance or wall using adhesive tape.
- Turn on the water and check for leaks. Continue to check for leaks for several days.
- Replace your filter cartridge once the media has been exhausted. Exhausted media will have changed in color from green to purple.